Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wisdom

The main chunks of my reading lately have centered around the word wisdom. 

Dictionary.com defines wisdom as 1) the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight2) scholarly knowledge or learning: the wisdom of the schools. 3) wise sayings or teachings; precepts. 4) a wise act or saying.

 I am thinking that this goes along with the world's view of wisdom.  God doesn't really value this type of wisdom too much.  Well, maybe only the second part of the first definition, knowing what is true and right, and acting on it.  Knowing that He is true and right really is wisdom and it is only through knowing Him and His Son, crucified and raised again, that you gain the true wisdom meant for us to have through the Holy Spirit.

Short, sweet and to the point.  That is all I have for the day. 

Father, I thank you for the knowledge that you give me through the power of your Holy Spirit.  It is without this knowledge that I would have nothing.  Your Word would be meaningless to me and your presence would seem so far from me.  I cherish knowing that you live inside me each and every day though this special gift of your wisdom, the only wisdom that really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment