Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Perfect Timing

I have been checking my Facebook almost every hour since yesterday at about 3:30.  No, I am not an addict or have some big contest I am hoping to win, I jumped into something I am pretty nervous about and I am waiting for the response.  It is something I feel totally led by God to do and has come about due to a number of factors.

Factor 1. (In no particular order) We have a fabulous church we attend with some great women's Bible studies led by awesome and wise women.  However, one of those studies didn't come back this year so everyone swarmed to another, leaving it quite large.  Long story short, some people were uncomfortable with the size and didn't feel like they enjoyed the study as much as they could have.

Factor 2. I read an awesome book (that I have mentioned a few times during my studies) a year ago that revolutionized the way I do my quiet times and study the Bible and have always wanted to share it with others.

Factor 3.  People kept telling me how they missed having another study and how they wished the current study could be a smaller size.

Factor 4.  God kept shoving the book in my face and the idea in my head.

Factor 5.  A good friend finally give me the encouragement I needed to quit ignoring God and follow what I think He has been trying to tell me.

Outcome:  I have started a new women's Bible study at my church.  Ahh!  I am a little frightened and overwhelmed and feel totally unqualified.  I don't plan on doing much "leading" for the study.  Just trying to get a bunch of women together to read and discuss the book and what we are learning.  I just set up the room at the church, let people know about it and will be ordering the books.  I consider myself the facilitator, not leader.  I am totally scared that I have gotten all excited about this, spread the word and will have no one show up, thus leaving me feel a bit worthless.  I pray that since God seems to be leading me in this venture He will provide the women for me to study with.

God's perfect timing:  Check out my reading for the day and see why God had me smiling from ear to ear.  1 Corinthians 2:1-5:  "When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.  For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.  I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling.  My message and preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."

All I have to say to that is "Thank You!"  it is exactly what I needed to hear.  God. Is. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment