Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Blameless

I looked up blameless in the dictionary.  Dictionary.com that is anyway.  It said "free from or not deserving blame; guiltless" and it said blame meant "to hold responsible; find fault with".

1 Corinthians (my book of choice for my quiet times) 1:8 says, "He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Doesn't blameless sound nice?  It would be so fantastic to go throughout your day completely blameless for everything that occurs.  Dropped and broke a dish?  Don't worry. You are free from responsibility for that.  Didn't get the dishes done because you were busy doing your nails?  No problem, guiltless.  Ahh, sweet freedom from any responsibility for anything at all.  Wouldn't it be lovely?

It would also be disastrous.  If no one was held accountable for what was going on with anything, life would be horrendous.  But the sweet thought of getting away with a few mindless actions or some days of laziness without any guilt does sound a bit nice.

Now that I have gone around in a circle and probably left you thoroughly confused, I get to my point.

Sure, we have to take responsibility for the things we do.  We have to pick up our mess, fix it or get it done the right way and say, "I'm sorry."  But that is where it ends.  Isn't that great?  No "take backs", no rubbing it in your face at a later date, no "I owe yous".  Done.  Finished.  Forgotten.

We will be found blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.  If we have faith and stay strong through Him, all is well.  We will approach Him on the day of Glory completely guilt free.  No reason for worry or fear, just anxiousness to "look full in His wonderful face".  Oh, the day.  Won't it be magnificent!

Father, I thank you that I can be made clean through you.  You know all my flaws.  You know all the stupid things I screw up, fix and don't tell anyone else ever even happened, yet you find me blameless.  You are the definition of grace and my thoughts, words and deeds could never express the amount of love and thanks you are deserved for this.  My heart overflows.

No comments:

Post a Comment