Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blogging Block

Well, it has been a while since I have posted anything on here.  Not for lack of trying or doing my devotions/quiet times thankfully, but for lack of thinking I had much to write about. 

What I seemed to have forgotten was that the main reason I started this little blog was to use it as a converstation/thought starter for my quiet times, not as a way to impress my entire 3 to maybe 5 readers.  I have felt lately that I haven't had anything worthwhile to put on here.  But God really put it on my heart that when I don't journal in some way shape or form, I am missing out on some great conversations with Him. 

If I merely read His Word and say my general prayers, I am really skipping the part where I think through and process what He is trying to tell me in my time with Him.  I am just simply, doing my job and moving on, but not taking the time to reflect and talk with Him about it.  He reminded me that I started doing this as a discussion with Him, not with someone who might be reading it.

I seem to think and type well at the same time.  I can type faster than I can write, so I tend to forget fewer of my thoughts and can follow them through...thus, typing a blog for a journal has worked great for me.  That is, until I let my head get in the way of my heart.  I wanted to impress a reader instead of spend my time with God.

Time to get back to the basics a great conversation with my God and the Holy Spirit.  Sorry if it isn't very impressive or entertaining to read....you really don't have to read it if you don't want to.  Like I said, this is for me, not you.  A bit selfish maybe, but you aren't the one I am trying to please. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment