Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Real Fairy Tale

In my women's Bible study at my church our lesson for this week focused on Esther.  I have always loved this story.  A real-life picture of a fairy tale.  A poor orphan girl who had nothing and was changed into a princess.  Perfect.

Now this is the real princess I want my girls to adore.  Sure, all of those Disney princess stories tell good tales of a beautiful girl on a good task, but Esther was on a task for God.  She followed through for His plan.  What a woman to teach your girls to live up to. 

Esther went through some pretty scary things.  She had to hide her identity in order to survive in the castle.  She had to stand up to a man with a well-known temper.  She risked it all.  For her people and for her God. 

Why have I not found a princess story version of this?  I bet I might be able to if I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment