Monday, April 1, 2013

It Doesn't End There

Thankfully, Isaiah goes on and helps rescue us from the guilt of our sin paid by the blood of Jesus.  "Yet when His life is made an offering for sin, He will have many descendants.  He will enjoy a long life, and the Lord's good plan will prosper in His hands.  When He sees all that is accomplished by His anguish, He will be satisfied." Is. 53:10b-11a

I may feel guilty that the fact I cannot remain sinless drove Jesus to the cross, but I can rejoice in the fact that I am loved and God is satisfied.  I can rejoice in Him.  I will be counted righteous through His sacrifice.  The end of Isaiah 53 paints such a picture of love and hope to follow the picture of pain and despair.  He is alive.  Praise God His love didn't end at the cross, but continued to the tomb and the resurrection.

And, yes, once again I was a blubbering mess during our Easter services this year.  I screech and squawk through the music because I want to sing with all that I am but the tears just get in the way.  But, I am going to rejoice in this fact.  I love what He has done for me so much that it moves me to tears.  And, like I said in my last post, this emotion should not just overtake me at Easter, but every single day because His forgiveness didn't end at Easter.  It is promised for us yesterday, today and forever.  Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment