Monday, April 8, 2013

Early Encouragement

As I continued to read the supplemental information in my Study Bible, I dove into the first few verses as well.  So far, so good.

But verse three made me smile.  God is rewarding me already for moving forward and not being intimidated by part of His Word that might be a little harder to understand. 

"God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and He blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near."

How can you listen and obey the message and reap its blessings if you don't even read it? 

I love how John instructs us to treat all of this information as it might happen any minute; "the time is near."  While, the time could still be 100's of years off, Christ made it clear that no one knows when that time will be and we must treat it as if "the time" could happen in the next hour.  For none of us want to be caught unprepared for the return of Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment