Monday, April 8, 2013

Revealing Revelations

It took a little while to convince myself I'd make it through, but I decided to do it.  I am going to continue on with my reading through the New Testament and read Revelation.  I do have to admit that I am a little intimidated.

Do you have any advice for me?  Any good supplemental reading things I should consider?

I have done a study on Heaven with one of the pastors at our church where we read a lot of Revelation.  I have read the Left Behind series, which, yes, is fiction, but still gives a somewhat visual presentation on a what it could be like.  I think I'll be OK to take it on.

But, my trepidations got me thinking?  Why do we let the Bible intimidate us?  Why do we think it is too much for us to be able to understand?  God gave us His Word to read and study and use in life.  He didn't say, "Use most of it," or "Use what you can understand." 

Romans 15:4 tells us, "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."

2 Timothy 3:16 also says, "For all scripture is God-breathed and useful for teaching, correcting, rebuking, and training in righteousness."

See?  No where in these verses does it say "some scripture" or  "the parts you understand easily", but ALL and EVERYTHING. 

So I am taking this as a leap of faith in my amazing God.  That He will reveal to me through His Holy Spirit what He intends for me to learn from reading through Revelations on my own. 

Hang on, it could take me a while, but I will make it and I can't wait to see what I will discover.  I started off just reading the introduction and background information last week.  I even learned new things there.  So I am excited to see what He has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment