Friday, April 12, 2013

Rest In His Words

I am a bit overwhelmed this week. We are needing to move forward with some big MOPS decisions for our team next year, I am co-chairing the PTO carnival this Saturday, my grandmother is in the hospital in Omaha, I had to spend 3 hours at the Eye Dr. with one of my girls, my best friend was finally able to make it down to see me and hang out for the day, I am participating in an open house, I had to have a cavity filled, and I still need to find time to run.

To say I haven't found the time to sit down and read my Bible has been an understatement. But when looking at my to-do list just for today, God whispered to me, "make sure you spend time with Me." I knew it was true. There was no way I was going to plow through that list and my day today with 6 kids in my house without finding some rest in His arms and His Words.

While the words I read today may not be restful, they are perfect for reminding me why I need Him each and every day no matter how busy my schedule might be.

"Grace and peace to you from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit before his throne; and from Jesus Christ. He is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the ruler of all the kings of the world. All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us. He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen." Rev. 1:4-6

Such powerful words that remind me of many, many things I always need to know: God is, was, and always will be; I have the Spirit within me; and Christ is the King who saved me.  It is all I need to sustain me.  It was just what I needed to hear to keep me moving and move I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment