Friday, November 30, 2012

Sleepless in Stressville

OK, so I don't feel overly stressed, but I suppose if I write it all out it would seem that way.  I just have a lot on my plate right now.  It doesn't make me freak out or get grumpy or, like I said, even feel majorly stressed.  It just makes me feel like I have to keep going to get it all done, like I need a digital recorder attached to my brain so that I don't forget anything.

Want to see a sample of what my schedule looks like for the next 13 days?
We have my family's Christmas tomorrow so I have a lot still to do to prepare for that including wrapping, laundry and packing as well as some food prep.
Sunday is my niece's birthday party and we'll have to leave very early from it to get back for dress rehearsal by 2.
The rest of the week is normal busyness with MOPS on Monday, gymnastics on Monday, daycare kids through the week, I volunteer at the school on Thursday and have dress rehearsal Monday and Tuesday nights.  Wednesday is our light day with only 1 daycare kiddo and an evening at home.  Thursday is Opening Night for the musical going all through Sunday afternoon.  The following Monday night is more gymnastics, plus Noisy Man's school program and Tuesday I have a packed house of daycare kids and we leave that night for Omaha to get on the plane to Disney the next morning!
YIKES!!  Lots to do.....

So with all this on my mind I have NOT been able to sleep.  My to do list keeps replaying in my head and I wonder how I will get it all done.  So, today, instead of reading along in my normal trend in 1 John, I decided to take a look more closely on how I can find my rest in Him since I am not getting it through myself. 

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
Exodus 33:14
“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Psalm 73:26
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
Psalm 61:1
“Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.”
Psalm 62:1-2
“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”
Isaiah 40:28- 31
“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
Hebrews 4:16
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
Psalm 127: 1-2
“Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord guards the city, the guard keeps watch in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives sleep to his beloved.”
 
I think I'll paint these on the ceiling above my bed and just recite them at night instead of going through my to do list.  Any other ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Just read this today. 2 days late. But I love that you took time for God in the midst of your to do list (which makes me anxious just reading it!) And painting the verses on the ceiling sounds like a great idea but that just adds something to the list, so maybe not. So just keeps thinking them, "painting" them on the inside of your head instead. And don't forget to breathe!

    ReplyDelete