Monday, November 12, 2012

Seeking Peace and Great Things

I am doing something new tonight.  I get to share my testimony at a MOPS evening out.  I am a little scared (and that might be a understatement).  It is one thing to share with others in one-on-one situation or even in a small group, but to stand up and share to 25 plus or your friends and peers is a tiny bit intimidating. 

I have everything ready to go, including Kleenex and waterproof mascara.  Would you please pray for me and the other two gals sharing tonight?  We need peace of mind.  Knowing that sharing our faults and sordid pasts is how God wants us to connect with the women attending is an awesome power, but getting to that point is tough.  We need His words to be our own.  It is so hard to know what parts of your story are part of the big picture and what are just unnecessary details.  We need to focus on Him and how His love has changed us and share that amazing power with the women in attendance.  We need it to build our relationships with them and theirs with eachother. 

Pray that the women who attend would have open minds and hearts to hear about Him and what He means to us.

Most of all, we need this night to be about Him.  To glorify His power, His forgiveness, His healing.  We don't want it to be about us, but only about how He has made us who we are today and is still continuing to mold us. 

(And if it isn't too much can I make one more request? - I need steadiness.... when I get nervous speaking I shiver.  Pray that I wouldn't shiver please.   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment