Tuesday, December 4, 2012

When the Devil Attacks

OK, I'm still a little off my regular routine.  After a fabulous weekend with my family, laughing, eating, opening gifts and sharing germs, I got home on Sunday evening to two sick little girls.  By 1 am, I was the only one left not puking.  Joy.

The hubs and I divided and conquered.  The boys went in the master bedroom and the girls hung out on the couches.  It was a long night.  So, the next day, I spent reading and re-reading my verses on finding my rest in God.  Many of those are going on my "must memorize" list.

Last night, after a very long dress rehearsal, I headed out of the church at 10:20 pm to find that the battery was dead in the car.  Thankful for a set of jumper cables in the trunk and a fabulous co-cast member with a truck that knew how to use them, I was on my way home within 15 minutes.  Twenty minutes after that I was in bed, noticing my tummy didn't feel the greatest.  Two hours later I was over the toilet.  I guess I didn't escape the bug.  So from 1 am to 5 am I was on the couch in an upright fetal position with my stomach feeling like it was having full blown labor contractions (seriously, for about an hour I liken what my stomach felt like to labor with my first 2 kids with no drugs).  It was miserable.  Finally, a little before 5 am I was able to lay down in the fetal position and doze off.  When my husband woke me up at 6:50 am I felt 1,000 times better, with just the 'flu hangover' feeling in my stomach and head. 

Still feeling a bit yucky, I sat down to send a shout-out for prayers on Facebook.  I have been with all of the play cast members for the last two days.  Laughing with them.  Hugging on them.  Singing with them.  There are sure to have been some germs passed.  We also had another one of our child cast members out sick at last nights rehearsal. 

So it begins, every year it seems the devil is against this musical.  Which may seem like a scarey thing to some, but it is quite an uplifting and powerful feeling to those of us involved.  You see, the devil only attacks if he feels threatened; if he is trying to stop the Word of Christ from being spread to those who are normally 'safe' from it.  So, Satan's attacks make us feel like we are doing the right thing.  We are presenting God's Word and love in a way that is outside of the box and will bring people in that normally wouldn't step foot in our church.  It is a powerful thing.

But it is a powerful thing that requires a great amount of prayer and trust.  We have to trust in God that He will use the message of the show to reach those people Satan is trying to protect and we must pray and pray and pray like crazy for God to protect those of us trying to share that message from the attacks of Satan trying to stop it.

So please pray for us.   We really need it. 

Oh, and come see us!!   "Flagpoles, Fueding, and Fudge" a musical in two acts (it runs just over 2 hours including a 10 min intermission) presented at Christ Community Church, 2727 Lincoln Blvd, Beatrice, NE.  Thursday, December 6th, Friday, December 7th and Saturday, December 8th at 7 pm and Sunday, December 9th at 2:30 pm.  Check out this article in our local paper and tomorrow I will have a link to a TV spot we got to do this year as well.

In the meantime, I decided to do some searching on verses to do with standing firm against attacks from the devil.  Here is what I found.
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Ephesians 6:10-17
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

2 Timothy 4:18
The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

James 4:7-8
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

1 Peter 5:8-10
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

1 John 3:8
He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

1 John 4:4
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment