Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Excuses

I have been on a blogging sabbatical as of late I guess.  Two main reasons 1. I have had to be on my computer a lot lately doing emails and such to coordinate different things going on in the organizations I am involved in and 2. I haven't felt like I had anything to journal/blog about in my quiet times the past few weeks.

Mostly, reason #1 has led Satan to be able to talk me into #2.  When he/my excuses keep me from journaling it keeps me from really connecting with what the Holy Spirit is trying to teach me. 

You see, for me thought processes happen during my journaling/blogging.  As you have probably been able to tell from reading many of my posts I can totally go off on a different subject/thought pattern by the end of my blog because the Holy Spirit has shown me something that I didn't think of at the beginning.  Usually I try to go back and make the whole thing flow as best as possible from beginning to end, but you can still see the evidence in many posts.  Sometimes I even have to change the title from what I originally started with.

Have you ever tried journaling through your time with the Lord?  It does wonders for letting the Holy Spirit speak to you.  It stops the just reading/thinking then moving on.  It forces you to stop and concentrate on the thoughts He is giving you from what you have just read.

I am sure you have seen the obvious evidence of this in many of my posts.  Pretty much all of the thoughts, revelations and life applications I have during my journaling process are not of my own, but what He has revealed to me through the Holy Spirit. 

Do you ever stop to ask the Holy Spirit for a little help and then really listen to what He is saying?  Sometimes you might not hear anything but if you really let Him work in you little thoughts and ideas that might just pass as just that [thoughts and ideas] are really little gifts from Him; answering your prayers. 

I rob Him of the chance to do this for me when I skip my journaling and I really rob myself of the lessons I learn and closes I gain with God. 

So, forgive me for my absence.  I tend to do this every once in a while and have to remind myself yet again why I need to stick with it, whether I feel like I have anything worthwhile to blog or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment