Friday, October 26, 2012

A Little Off in La La Land

Moving right along in my New Testament, I started in 1 John today.  I think this is going to be a little bit different than the Peter I got used to over the last few months, but different is good.

So of course, I started off reading the introduction (the part I usually skim over since it is just some sort of "Hello"), and it got me day dreaming a little bit.

John talks about how Jesus had been around since the beginning of time, yes, something most all Christians know.  Then he goes one to say how 'we', apparently speaking of the other disciples/apostles, had seen with their eyes, looked at and touched with their hands the Word of life.  Now, John is not talking about the Bible here, but the Word Himself, Jesus.  Yes, again, something most Christians know.  The disciples spent time on earth with Jesus; that is why they were called disciples.

But, for some reason (aka the Holy Spirit spoke to me) I just really went of in "La La Land" thinking about how awesome that would have been to have been right there.  To be able to touch Him and see Him and hear His voice.  So often we just want God to give us the answer we are seeking.  We want the heavens to open up and declare the right answer.   Wouldn't it be great to know what His voice sounds like?  Wouldn't it be awesome to know if all the depictions we see of Jesus in paintings and such were accurate?  Wouldn't it be great to hold His hand and walk down a winding road and listen to His stories?

Ahhh.... All the wondrous things that we will get to experience someday.

But in the meantime, while we wait for that day, I am reminded that we shouldn't take the Holy Spirit living inside of us for granted.  We have the very spirit of God living right inside of us, and that is no small thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment