Monday, October 29, 2012

Complete the Joy

1 John 1:4 "We write this to make our joy complete". 

I have heard this verse many times and and have never really stopped to think it through.  I have always just kind of thought that it was when we get to meet Jesus.  Then it will all be complete.  But tonight I stopped and really read what it all said (and cheated a little by reading the footnote in my Bible). 

John is saying, here, that he cannot fully enjoy the knowledge of his salvation until everyone else shares in that salvation as well.  This made me think of my thoughts I had the other week on not quite being ready for Jesus to return.  I mentioned how I wasn't ready for the rapture because I knew that there were many of my loved ones who will miss the boat and I can't stand the thought of not having them in the right place for eternity.

I was so glad to read this and have my thoughts expressed this way.  It made me feel a little more validated in my hesitations.  My joy cannot be complete until I know everyone will be joining me in glory on that day.  It isn't that I will have any hesitations when I see Him that day, but right now, when I can't comprehend what it will be like, my human spirit still needs a little more to make my joy complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment