Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gaining Momentum

Well, I haven't quite gotten to the point yet where I am just waiting for my quiet times to come everyday just yet, but I am getting there.  I am not avoiding them or just down right forgetting them.  I'm on an upward slide.  Yesterday I really was ready to sit down for my quiet time, but never got it due to a few screaming and crabby children.  So, today I am quite thankful for some peace and quiet.

I am having a good time in Hebrews.  Over the weekend I got in a couple readings and finished out the first chapter.  Reading about how Jesus is higher than the angels.

Today, I am heeded to "Pay Attention!"  I had to read the passage and do some praying for the Holy Spirit to really show me something about this one, but after this thought and prayer time it started to come together.

Vs. 2 and 3 say, "For if the message spoken by angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, how shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation?"  How shall we escape?  We don't.  Simple as that.  If we do not pay attention to the message of salvation, to the blood on the cross, we must pay the punishment for our sins.

Have you ever stopped to think about what the punishment should be for your sins, each and every single one of them?  No?  Well, the Bible tells us it is death.  That keeps it pretty simple, doesn't it?  Big sins, little sins, sins other people know about, sins you keep to yourself.  Yep, all the same.  Death. 

Might seem a little steep to some, but when you really stop to think about it He has made it so simple for us to get out of it.  You must stop to pay attention to that simple little thing.  That selfless act of love given to us on the cross saves us from having to answer for every little slip of the tongue, every impure thought, every selfish indulgence, every prideful slip.  Every. Single. Sin.  That's it.  Plain and simple. 

So, please.  Pay Attention!  Listen to the message of the cross.  Your price has been paid, you just have to cash in on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment