Monday, September 2, 2013

Listen and Remember

OK so I realize I already mentioned Proverbs 1:23 in one of my previous posts, but it jumped out at me again this time, too, so I figured I had better pay attention.

"Come and listen to my counsel.  I'll share my heart with you and make you wise." Now, this is wisdom speaking, so I am supposed to listen to any wisdom that comes my way.  Obviously, the most solid, truthful, tested and tried wisdom comes from God's Words so I think that is where I will start. 

Next in this chapter (vs.24 -25) say, "I called you so often, but you wouldn't come.  I reached out to you, but you paid no attention.  You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered."  These are the moments you just know that there is a Bible verse you should know to apply to your current situation, or one you would really like to pass on to someone in another type of situation.  I always feel so frustrated and upset with myself that I cannot remember the words I need to use or pass on or teach my kids.  Now, when you can somewhat think of those verses, it tells you that you have at least been paying a little bit of attention to God's wisdom.  But, I am thinking this is a great way for God to say, "Pay attention.  Learn and remember what I am saying to you in My Book."

Listen to His counsel.  Pay attention.  Remember.  Three things I need to take to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment