Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lifelong Journey

I am finding there is so much to learn on the topic of wisdom itself even before you start gaining more wisdom on other things. 

Proverbs is chop full of wisdom, of course, and I am working my way through the 2nd Chapter.  Not only have I seen that wisdom is something that I can't just gain, I must continually seek it (vs. 4).  It is a gift from God that should be valued as a treasure and will bring me joy (vs. 6, 10).  It will save me from evil (vs. 12).

There is so much to learn.

But today what struck me through many of these verses is that I will never arrive.  I will never have all the wisdom I could ever gain.  There is never an end to this search.  I must seek it continually.  I must keep checking to make sure I am on the path (vs. 20) to grow in it.  I must remain in it (vs. 21) and not be lead astray.

Now, one could find this discouraging, to never have an end to the goal.  But I find it exciting.  There is always more to learn; always a way to grow.  More to find and more to seek.  I will never have all the wisdom God has for me to gain, but I can try continually each and every day to get just a little bit closer.  I will never run out of things to learn.  He will never have a point where He doesn't have something to teach me. 

So many new and exciting things wait for me each and every day if I just continue to seek it out through the eyes and the knowledge of the One who created it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment