Friday, December 28, 2012

Fresh Perspective

I got a new Bible for Christmas!  Woot!  Woot!  I love new Bibles.  I own 4 different ones now that I use frequently.  I think this one might be my favorite though.  It is a NLT Life Application Study Bible and I am just finally sitting down to break it in.  I am praying about doing a year through the Bible ready plan starting next week.  We'll see if I think I can do it.

Anyway, continuing on in 1 John for now and read 2 vs 21 thru the end of chap 2.  I LOVE vs 21.  It states, "Dear friends, if we don't feel guilty, we can come to God with bold confidence."

Guilt: a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense, crime, wrong, etc., whether real or imagined.

Confidence: full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing.

With forgiveness we have reason to feel guilt.  Thus, we can have full, BOLD confidence in our Lord and Savior.  Doesn't this just make you feel all warm and snuggly inside?  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment