Friday, December 21, 2012

He's Always There

He is always there, even if I am not.

The hustle and bustle has got me entangled.  I went from dress rehearsals, to performances, to Christmas concerts then to a big family vacation to Florida.  Can we say stressed?

I failed to meet with Him very often through all of the craziness.  Any quiet moment I had was jammed full of preperations.  Either getting supper ready so that I could leave at 4 pm for dress rehearsal or performances, or packing for the trip, or running errands that needed to be done before we left or anything else.  I am not sure I sat down during the last week and a half for more than 2 minutes and I surely didn't take much time to sit with Him. 

But He was still there.  I could feel Him in the sleepless nights when I worried about how I was going to get it all done or if I was forgetting something.  He brought me the strength I needed to get through the days on only 3 hours of sleep from being up with sick kids or being sick myself.  He calmed my soul when I thought I might explode from the busyness.  He reassured my mind when I started to doubt myself and what in the world I was doing.  He was there.

Now that I look back on the past weeks and the insanity of it all I can see the little things that made His presence known.  It is amazing how He works.  And now that I am finally taking the time to sit with Him and give Him my all just as He never fails to do for me, I can feel His love for me.  I can feel how much He missed this time with me and how much my sould needs it with Him.  It is times like this I wonder how in the world I ever thought I didn't have the time.  It is times like this I realize that if I would make the time for Him, to find that rest in Him that He promises me, maybe things wouldn't seem quite so crazy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment