Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mom Verses

I love it when I come across verses that encourage me as a mom.  There are hundreds throughout the Bible of course and each one speaks to different moms in different ways.

I have heard many people say, when bringing home a new baby, "I wish this thing {baby} came with instructions!"  If only they knew!  Well, it really does, if you just take the time to read and apply them. 

The verse I read today was 1 Peter 5:2  Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers - not because you must but because you are willing as God wants you to be.....

Oh!  What a calling it is to follow in the footsteps of the Good Shepherd Himself.  I have been given part of God's flock to care for. What a perspective!  I haven't been forced into this position, but was entrusted to it because I was willing as God has called me to be.

It is also a big responsibility.  When you think of all the Good Shepherd does for us, even just what is listed in the well-known verses of Psalm 23 and then transfer that over to the part of His flock that is under my care, there is a lot to do. 

But what a calling and privilege it is that God would trust me with such a job and such big {little} responsibilities.  (Remind me to come look at this post next time one of my little responsibilities is driving me up a wall!)

No comments:

Post a Comment