Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Arguing with God

Our 'assignment' for the day was Isaiah 45:8-12.

"You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down.  Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; I, the Lord, have created it.  Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground.  Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands?'  Woe to him who says to his father, 'What have you begotten?' or to his mother 'What have you brought to birth?'   This is what the Lord says- the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?"

Thick stuff.  So, big picture today, details tomorrow (or later today because I didn't realize I was behind!).

Main Truth of this passage:

God creates it all.  He creates us in His image and fills us with His righteousness.  Who are we to argue with what He has done?  Why do we complain about this personality trait that we posses or that physical aspect that we don't really appreciate?  God created each aspect of us for a certain reason and we are to use this creation to bring Him glory.  Complaining and grumbling about it only brings question to God and the plan that He made.

Oh, but it is so hard to be content, isn't it?  We want things to be perfect.  We want to be like our girlfriend who seems to have it all.  We want her bubbly personality that everyone adores.  We want our other girlfriends, beautiful hair and yet our other girlfriend's ability to control her temper with whatever is thrown at her. 

So many things here.  Envy.  Discontent.  Lack of Trust.  We have a hard time seeing ourselves as the jewel God created us to be. We were not meant to be like our girlfriends or worst enemies.  We were meant to be who God created us.  Complaining and questioning His creation depletes our trust in Him and His plan for our lives. 

Father, help me see all that you have made me as perfectly as you do.  I may not be perfect in the world's view, but as long as I seek your will and follow your Word, I can be the perfect person you created me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment