Friday, September 14, 2012

Already There

As I sat and prayed before I started reading my Bible today I asked God for a lot of things.  I need energy to get through the rest of the day.  I need calmness to deal with my youngest's potty issues.  I need motivation to not stay on the couch when I am done and get the rest of the things finished in  my house.  I need Him to fill me.  I need Him to get it all done.

I have been at home for three days now by myself.  I don't know how single mothers do it.  I tip my hat to them.  Daddy is off on his yearly fishing trip, so I am flying solo.  Not only that, but I agreed to take on an extra day of daycare kids during this solo run, so I have had two to three extra kids during the day all three of these days.  I need God's help to finish it out.  Daddy comes home tomorrow afternoon.  Praise. The. Lord.

Anyway, after praying for all these things and repeatedly asking for Him to help me through it all, I flip open my Bible to my next verse in 2 Peter.  Now, after having taken 3 days to get through the first 2 verses, I figured I might have to read a little while to get a little 'nugget' this time.  Wrong.

God has a great sense of humor.  Don't you agree?  Here is what I read in 2 Peter 1:3

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by His own glory and goodness."

Nailed it. 

Of course, should I have ever doubted He would?  Seriously, He gives us just what we need.  The thing that got me in this verse is not that He still needs to give it to me, but that He already has.  And, just like yesterday, it comes through our knowledge of Him. 

He has given me everything I need for life and godliness.  Becoming more like Him is what I need right now.  God never lacks energy.  He never lacks calmness when it is needed most and He never lacks motivation.  I lack all these things, not because He hasn't granted me these talents, but because I fail to use the power He has given me through Him.  I fail to do these things because I fail to get to know Him better.  I fail to succeed in all of these areas because I don't seek Him first. 

Through Him all that I truly need is already there.  I just need to realize it and utilize it in the way that He has planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment