Monday, August 29, 2011

Get Up Out of that Funk

It has been a while.  Sadly, I can't say I have been consistent with my readings and quiet times and I know I am suffering from it.  Why do I go through times like these?  A funk.  A time where I get everything else done but my time with God.  (OK, maybe not everything else, but you get my idea.)

I just haven't had the desire for it lately.  Does that make me a bad Christian?  That is how I feel when I skip it, or even just get so busy that I plain out forget it.  I know it is just Satan working in my life, trying to keep me separated from my time with my Lord.  Satan is good at what he does, that is for sure.  It seems to work every time. But I know my God is so much better.  I have got to get out of this funk. 

So, I get back in the saddle.  More feeling like I have to than I want to, but I know the 'have' will turn into a 'want' once I get back into the closeness that I need.  Once I get my head and heart in the right place again.  Once I get the Word back in me.

I do it all too often, and I really wish I didn't.  It is a hard thing to admit, especially here on 'blog world' where anyone can see it.  But, that is me.  That is real.

So, pray for me.  Pray that I would get out of this funk.  That Satan would get out of my head, telling me that other things are more important or more fun.  Pray that my time with God would be fruitful.  I'll pray for you too.  I hope you don't get in these "funks".  Or, that if you do, you would quickly get out of it as well.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE NOT ALONE! I get in these funks too where I wonder if God hears me or if it matters if I pray since He's gonna do what He's gonna do. But you said it perfectly when you said you knew once you got into His presence you would want Him again. Amen. Once we rest in His presence, the answers don't seem to matter as much and we gain strength. Don't feel like a weak Christian. You're an honest one. Love it.

    ReplyDelete