Monday, August 8, 2011

Benefits Package

Behind again on posting, but here is a quick catch up.

I loved the way the DeMoss put this in day 4 of my 30 day thankfulness devotional.  A benefits package.  How perfect is that?!  We definitely have a wonderful benefits package as Christians and don't stop to recognize and thank Him for it enough. 

-Grace
-Forgiveness
-Love
-Unconditional Acceptance
-Fellowship
-Peace
-Joy
-A Calm to my Soul in the midst of trouble
-Support
-His Word for Guidance
-Brothers and Sisters in Christ
-Assurance of the 'After life' for me
-Family
-Friends
-My Home


These are just a few things I listed off the top of my head and are some of the 'major' ones. 

Psalm 103: 1-5 is a wonderful thanksgiving verse to use.  "Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.  Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

On day 5 Nancy challenges us to think of our thankful list as a jar of rocks.  At first glance the jar looks pretty full of wonderful things to thank Him for.  But there is still a great amount of space between the larger stones for smaller rocks, sand and even water.  What another great way to think of filling up your thankfulness.

So many more thanks to fill up those cracks:

-A car that I don't have to worry about (mechanically speaking)
-Computers and Internet
-Clorox wipes
-dishwashers
-boxed macaroni and cheese and frozen pizza (don't call the 'super mom' police on me for this one!)
-crayons
-carpet cleaners
-air conditioning
-sunshine
-garden produce
-hugs
-craigslist
-pictures
-texting

These are just a few of the 'random' things that have been in my thankfulness journal the last few days.  They make me think of a quote I heard a while back that said "What if you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked God for today?"  There are so many blessings and conveniences that I have today that I take for granted. 

The fact that a quick conversation with a friend is just a text away.  That, when I am exhausted from a long day I can throw a frozen pizza in the oven or when I am not home for supper my husband can do this himself.  That my grocery bill has been greatly helped this past month by not having to buy fresh veggies because I can walk outside and pick them from my garden.  And on and on. 

O, we all have many things that might plague us down on a daily basis or even be huge struggles facing our families, but to stop and look at all the big and little things we still have to be thankful for helps you put things into prospective.

What 'random' things are you thankful for today?



No comments:

Post a Comment