Friday, July 8, 2011

Speak Boldly

Acts 4:23-31 (Peter and John released, believers pray, Holy Spirit fills)

OK, so I have already mentioned that I am not one to boldly share my faith.  Something about confrontation, acceptance and all those other wimpy, cop outs drag me down.  Definitely an area of my spiritual life that needs some work.  Oh, I can be as bold as I want on here.  Typing doesn't require much for a spine and there is a very little key to push when something just doesn't come out quite right: Backspace! 

But, today's reading really challenged me to rethink that.  The followers of Peter and John were so moved by the power of God in their arrest situation that they praised God in prayer.  They prayed that God would "consider their threat and enable your servants to speak His Word with great boldness" v29. 

Truly, this is all I need to do as well.  I don't have the spine to speak His Word in boldness, but He does.  Granted, I am still working on getting a great knowledge of His Word to be able to share it, but surly I have all the knowledge I need to share His love and the Gospel message.  Heck, these people had only been Christians for a few short days.  I need to remember that when I chicken out because I don't think I am studied or scholarly enough to get into a great debate over being a Christian.

God has all the knowledge I need and if He puts me in a place to profess His words, he will give me the knowledge I need to share it. 

How about you?  Do you ever pray for the Holy Spirit to fill you with  a great boldness to share His Word?  Add it to your prayer list this week and see where it takes you?  I know I am excited (and, yes, a bit scared) to find out!  Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment