Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Keep On Keepin On

Acts 4: 13-22 (Peter and John go before the Sanhedrin)

OK, so not a total insight today, but a little glimmer given to me by the Holy Spirit.

So, the Sanhedrin, in all their wisdom could not figure out what to do to punish Peter and John for all their preaching in the name of Jesus.  They just decided to tell them to move on and stop it.  Don't spread the Word of Jesus anymore around here and a little slap on the wrist was all they could do. 

You see, they couldn't do anything else because Peter and John were so well-liked by the people who had heard them speak and seen the miraculous healing of the cripple man.  They brought five thousand onlookers and listeners to believe in Jesus in just a few short days.  And, they were thought of so highly that the authorities couldn't do anything to punish them without starting a riot. 

Now, that is some preaching and sharing and no doubt some major loving!  To spread the news of Jesus in such a fashion that people flock to you and protect you and love the Jesus you share.  "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." v12

Love it!  Are you loving on someone in such a fashion that they want the love of Jesus in them too?  Are you loving in a way that no one can find a fault in which to punish you?  In which those around you would stand up for you and protect you?  Are you sharing the news of Christ in this way?

I know I struggle with it.  I am not naturally one to evangelize, and, even more so, I know I can be a bit pushy.  I always want people to agree with me and think my ideas are best.  I need to open up and let them in.  Let Jesus' love shine through me and share His Words.

No comments:

Post a Comment