Friday, July 1, 2011

Giving the Glory

This was my quiet time yesterday, but I didn't get it posted...........life!

Acts 3:11-16  Peter speaks to the onlookers and those amazed by the healing of the beggar.

"Why does this surprise you?"  This is the question Peter asked all those gawking at the healed man.   Really, we need to ask ourselves this question many times too.  Why does anything that God can do surprise us?  We know His Power.  Well, actually, we don't.  We can't even begin to imagine the great power He has.  So, when He does something miraculous, why does it surprise us? 

I am guessing most of the time it is due to the fact that (as Peter goes on to say) we forget who does it all.  Not us.  We all too often, forget to give the glory, forget to point to Him, and forget to thank Him. 

It is way too easy to say, "WOW" and move on, rather than, "What an amazing God we have." Why is it so hard to give Him the Glory?  He does it all.  He can do it all and nothing is out of His amazing power to accomplish. 

Don't forget to give Him the glory today.  Even if your miracle was just getting out of bed.  My miracle today?  My living room is clean and I have 5 kids all 5 and under in my house.  My work?  Nope, only by His power have they not distroyed what He gave me the strength and time to do.

Another miracle that isn't too big for Him is needed right now too.  Will you help me by praying for it to happen?  An old co-worker and friend of mine just found out that her daughter, Gracie (age 6), has a golf-ball sized tumor on a very sensitive part of her brain stem.  It is inoperable.  Doctors have given her 9 months to 2 years to live.  There is a 2% chance she will survive past these 2 years, but God can do it if it is His will.  Either way, His Glory will be revealed through this little girl in His way, whether we understand it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment