Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gratitude

New study with my mentor on gratitude.  We are reading Nancy Leigh DeMoss's Choosing Gratitude.  I think this will be great lesson, as I can be super whiny and take things for granted all too often.  A quote I saw on another blog I follow said "What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"  How true is this.  I am so not thankful enough.  Truth be told, if it weren't for prayer time at bedtime with my kids, the day I read that - I would have woken up outside in my skivvies!  That kind of hit me upside the head and reminded me of how ungrateful I can be. 

Benefits of gratitude: Joy!  If you find thankfulness and God's work in any and every situation, you will find the true joy of life.  You will see God's hand in every detail and learn to look for it more.

My 30 day challenge issued to me by my mentor: Every morning write down 3 things you were thankful for from the previous day.  Be very specific.  Yesterday: 1. A fantastic and encouraging hour-long phone conversation with a wonderful friend.  2. Watching my 2 oldest play in a very fun T-ball game (the first of the season) and 3. Sunscreen (I got a bit of a burn at the pool :)

Here is to being thankful and full of gratitude!  Let's see how I do......

No comments:

Post a Comment