Friday, June 10, 2011

The Crabbies and The Clueless

Oh I have the crabbies today.  Started off by my youngest waking up at 6:15 am and, thus, waking up her brother and sister.  So, the whole family was up way too early and I was not happy and I have been crabby all day.

Why do I let little things like this ruin my whole day?  Really, it was only 15 minutes before I am usually up anyway.  Why was I so upset about 15 minutes?  OK, so I know that the kids getting up this early meant that they would be crabby all morning due to their lack of sleep, but having a crabby mommy doesn't help them be less crabby.  (Are you tired of the word crabby yet?)

Anyway, here is to hoping that my quiet time can help me with my crabbies. 

Acts 2:25-34.  So many times I pick up my Bible, read a passage and go, "Great.  What am I supposed to get from that?"  Am I the only one?  Thankfully, reading Jen Hatfield's "A Modern Girls Guide to Bible Study" has helped me a little, but I am still learning.  Frankly, I just need to read it again and go through all the steps again to help it all really sink in.
Moving on.  Today was yet another one of those days where I was glad for what I read, but struggling for an "ah ha" moment or life application.  Prayer.  Stop and pray for the Holy Spirit to guide me.  Read it again. 

Peter is recounting what David prophesied about not staying dead, 'you will not abandon me to the grave. . .nor will you let you let your Holy One see decay.'  So much faith.  David knew, even before Christ came that he didn't need to fear death.  God would not let him stay dead or let his body decay because he would be with Him in heaven someday. 

We know, as Christians that we don't need to fear death.  But this is so much easier to 'know' than to actually 'do'.  We have the proof of the Bible, the stories of Jesus' actual life, the account of his death on the cross, yet where is my faith somedays?  It is so easy to fear death, to face not the unknown, but the different.  I need faith like David's.  So much less proof of Jesus, yet so much more faith than mine.

In vs 28 he says 'You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.'  How good God is.  If we follow His path for life, we will be filled with joy.

Thank you, Lord for this reassurance.  Thank you that I don't need to fear death, but that I can trust in the saving grace you have provided for me in Jesus and the wonderful promise of heaven.  Help me not fear the unknown or leaving people behind.  Give me faith like David's.  Show me your will and help me walk in it.  Help me see and rid my life of anything that is not on your path for my life.  Thank you, Holy Spirit, for helping me find an application for me in the Words I read today.

How about you?  Do you fear death? 

No comments:

Post a Comment