Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bringing Home the "Bacon"

I was blessed enough to be able to attend MomCon 2013 this past weekend which is a 3 day conference for MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) Leaders.  What an amazing experience it was, and not only because the keynote speakers included my favorite author of all time, Jen Hatmaker as well as Lysa Terkeurst, Beth Moore and a former 20 year CEO of MOPS, Elisa Morgan.  We were surrounded by women who fear the Lord and wanted so badly to serve other moms in their communities and become better mothers.  I mean, really?  Is there a better group of people to be with?

So, I was inundated with so much inspiring and challenging information from amazing Christian leaders and I just kept thinking, "How in the world am I going to bring home, share and use all of this material with our group?"  I tell you, I was overwhelmed with so much "meaty" information, talks that left you inspired, ideas that make you want to jump out of your chair and ways that I want to change the world that my head was spinning!  I. Don't. Know. Where. To. Start!

I have been praying for God to show me how to do it; how to pick the pieces that need to be used first, from the ideas I need to store away for later.  Praying that He would help me remember all of the information and not just let it get tucked somewhere in my brain as a great weekend.  I do not want to forget any piece of what I learned at this conference.  I took notes incessantly.  I want to share what He showed me and what the speakers had to say.  Oh, how I am praying that it will all stay fresh in my mind until He reveals to me what to do with it all.  I want Him to show me how to bring this knowledge home with me to use in my community.

And then, I finally took time to open my Bible this week (it has been a little crazy 'round here... bad excuse I know, but such is my life) and this is what I found.  Proverbs 5:1-2 "My son, pay attention to my wisdom; listen carefully to my wise counsel.  Then you will show discernment, and your lips will express what you've learned." I have been praying for this exact thing this week and He tells me in His Word that He will do it for me.  I just have to listen.

Such a direct answer to my prayer.  "I will do it for you," is what He is telling me.  "Spend time with me.  Talk to me.  Listen." 

Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment