Friday, August 2, 2013

Just When I Need The Answer

Well, its been summer, and I have been on a blogging hiatus obviously.  Thankfully, I have been reading my Bible more often than I have been blogging, but still not near as much as I should.

I decided I was losing motivation in reading due to the brain power it took to read through Revelations, so I decided to change gears for a while and finish the second half of Revelation at another time.

We are moving into a period of unknowns for our family right now.  We just sold our house, with plans to build a new one starting at the beginning of September.  Problem is, the new one won't be done until March or so and we have to be out of this one by the end of September.  We are unsure where we are going.

Secondly, I have 1 1/2 more weeks of being a daycare provider a few days a week and am going back to substitute teaching.  I am super sad to lose the kiddos I love so much, but super excited to get back into subbing.  I really loved it the year I did it when I was pregnant with my oldest.  But, that leaves an unknown of how busy I will stay and the income I will earn.  It is all dependent on the number of days I get called.

Thirdly, I will have all three kids in school at some part of the day this year.  My oldest in 2nd grade, middle one starts all day kindergarten and my baby will be in preschool for 4 mornings a week.  That will be a lot for this mama to take.  Thankfully, I have someone great to take care of my baby after preschool on days that I am working so that helps a ton, but it is a new thing for me as well.  Putting my kids in child care instead of being the one providing the care will be an adjustment.

Anyway, with all of these unknowns and the faith it will take to get through it all without pulling my hair out and bawling my eyes out is going to be monumental.  I am going to need as much time in His Word as I can muster and I am going to need His wisdom to make the right choices.  So, He led me to Proverbs: the book of wisdom.

Already, He is encouraging me to stay more consistent with my quiet times with Him.  1:23 says "Come and listen to my counsel.  I'll share my heart with you and make you wise."  2:1-5 says, "My child, listen to what I say, and treasure my commands.  Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding.  Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding,  Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures.  Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord and you will gain the knowledge of God."

Exactly what I needed to hear.  Encouragement to be in His words and wisdom every day and moment I can and the reassurance that He will guide me and give me His wisdom in all the unknowns that lie ahead.

God.  Is. Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment