Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sealed

Not many people probably think of Stevie Wonder when reading though Revelation, but chapter 6 and the beginning of 7 had me singing his 1970s hit "Signed, Sealed, Delivered."  If you haven't figured out by now, I am a music person, so music is the best way to get through my thick skull.

So, as I hummed the one line of the song I knew and I read all about the first six seals on the scroll and the 4 horsemen, the angels, the judgement, and the earth shaking, I realized the song had more to do with what I was reading than I originally thought.

OK, not so much the apocalypse part of it for me, but chapter seven goes on to talk about how those who belong to Christ will be sealed so that they are protected.  It made me wonder what the rest of the words to the song were, so I looked them up.  The first two stanzas aren't really good with my analogy so I started at the first chorus. (You'll have to trade the "baby" and "girl" for "Lord," but other than that it seems to work well.)

Here I am baby
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
(You got my future in your hands)
Here I am baby
Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours
(You got my future in your hands)
I've done a lot of foolish things
That I really didn't mean, didn't I?
Seen a lot of things in this old world


When I touch them, they mean nothing, girl

Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!




Oowee baby, you set my soul on fire
That's why I know you're my heart's only desire
Now to explain, because you might be a little confused as to how in the world I got to this point.
Anyway, reading through all of these seals just had me singing the song since I was reading the word over and over.  But, really, I am signed; into his book of life.  I have accepted Him as my savior and He wrote my name down for eternity.  He has sealed me as one of His followers and I will be protected froon the day of judgement. I will be delivered to Him into eternity when He comes back for me or He takes me to be with Him.
This song works because He does hold my future, I want my soul to be on fire for Him, I want Him to be my heart's desire, and the things of this world do not pale in comparison to Him.  I want to wear His seal proudly so that I will be delivered someday into eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment