Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Lion and The Lamb

It is one of those "churchy" things.  We talk about the Lion and the Lamb.  I wonder how many people really know what it actually means?

Most people know why we use the the Lamb analogy for Jesus as Him being the sacrificial Lamb, but I'm not sure the Lion part is as far spread.  From what I gather, the Lion part comes in as Christ becomes our protector, showing his power and authority.  Christ will become our Lion in these last of days that John is looking into here in Revelation.

I really like how when (Rev 5:5) John is told to look at the Lion, he turns and sees the Lamb.  One in the same.  And, really, those are two characteristics that only Christ can pull off in one body. 

So, no real deep thoughts, but I love to just sit and think about how my Jesus does both of these things for me so well.  He has it all covered and that is so reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment